Thursday, April 18, 2013

Snow on Bare Skin - Possets Perfume



Details: 
Snow on Bare Skin
Possets Perfume

Notes: 
Sweet but not foody, sexy but not crude this would be a perfect scent for a midnight Yuletide wedding with the bride dressed in winter white carrying a bouquet of blue flowers, the church lit only by tapers, and a handsome groom in breathtaking blue-black. Romantic as it can be. Midnight blue and purple. Strong smell of snow in the air, your nose is cold but you can feel your hand on your breast and it's warm and soon all of you will be cozy. One of the most sexy scents I have ever made. So good, it's even perfect in the summer! Musky, spicy, perfumy.


In the vial this is a really faint, cold vanilla. It smells like almost nothing. Applied, it’s a sweet vanilla with a light minty note. Pretty much your generic ‘snow’ smell. Is this what snow actually smells like? The last time I was anywhere near snow was when I was a little kid and as soon as my feet got wet and cold I sulked and sat in the care reading a Laura Ingalls Wilder book while my family enjoyed toboganning. Crazy people.

Anyway, this doesn’t change much. The mint fades and the vanilla hangs around for about 3 hours and then disappears. Sillage is quite low. It’s... meh. There’s nothing bad about it, but nothing really interesting either.

Rating: 
2/5

Day 105!


10 comments:

  1. This disappears very fast on me too. I totally agree with you nothing spetacular here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few that smell similar and I don't know why I keep buying them because every time I do I'm like, "Meh."

      Delete
  2. Armed with an extensive experience with snow I must say that it smells like water... like nothing at all I must say. So I'm quite surprised at the variety of snow scents out there... Have only really tried one and that one contained enough cold evergreens to make me think of winter that way...

    I receieved your awesome awesome package today!!Thank you so very much! I have already fallen in love with Snake Oil and Lace Draped Spectre! And there are quite a few others that I'm sure I'll love as well! One decant had leaked though, so I have two decants that are rather anonymous. I have tentatively identified one as Circassian? But I have no idea what the culprit itself might be. It is a honey colored oil that smells rather spicy/incensy maybe. It has two lables, both the round decant lable that you use and another lable underneath with your name on it... Any Idea what this might be?

    Thank you again! This package made me really happy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm pleased they got there so quickly, but NOOOOOOOOO - bummed about leakage. I hope they didn't ruin others! The Dee one is probably actually BPAL Dee - from memory the label was a bit trashed so I put another one over it. That only had a wee bit left in it?

      The other one, I'm not sure... I don't think I sent you any Circassian because I thought you said one time you had that...? Or maybe I am confusing you with someone else. Can you email me a pic of it and I'll see if I can recognise it? I'm sorry - I should have written a list for you. :-/

      Delete
    2. Oh, that's fine! The leak only smudged a couple of lables... :) So, it's Dee, that explaines it! Yeah, it only hada little bit in it, a couple of drops perhaps...

      No, I've never sniffed Circassian. But if it isn't Circassian, then what is it...? How mysterious! I don't know if a pic would do any good, but the color of the juice is very pale, almost colorless. Just like the DC scents, so I grouped it with them because of that, the same color as Pyrotechnik and Mad as Birds. But now that you mention it isn't really a DC type of scent. My impression is a creamy warm chocolate, maybe white chocolate, but I don't trust my nose very much yet. All the decants I wanted are accounted for, so it is something you decided on throwing in! :D I love a good mystery!

      Delete
    3. Hmmm, maybe it is Circassian!

      Delete
  3. I was close to choosing this for one of my Possets samples, so it's great to hear your thoughts. Vanilla and mint is a nice combo, though like you said, not terribly unique :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a smidge of mint in a perfume sometimes. It stops things from getting too sweet and sickly.

      Delete
  4. I got this in the Possets order from my sis. I agree it's pretty but nothing out of the ordinary. Right now where we are living for my husband's work it is quite snowy, and it really does not remind me of snow at all. It really reminds me more of a baby lotion I used to use on my wee one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me think of all those BPAL snow perfumes - Pink Snowballs, the latter versions of Snow White, etc.

      Delete