Sunday, April 21, 2013

Black Lotus - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab


Details: 
Black Lotus 
Rappaccini's Garden
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Notes:
Born in the shadows of a Temple to Set, this corrupted Egyptian scent evokes images of black pyramids, river demons, and bleak, deadly desert sands. Black lotus flower, amber, myrrh and sandalwood.

Well, for me this doesn't evoke images of river demons so much as old ladies wearing waaaay too much perfume. This is an extremely strong, cloying, sweet floral. In the imp it's candy-like, very sweet and a bit sickly. I thought I could smell something faintly almond in the background but if that was ever there it was gone once I applied it. This is an old lady perfume, but not in the good way (I do love me some classic old lady fragrances). It's that nightmare one you don't want to get stuck next to someone wearing on a long bus trip or you'll be sneezing and headachey all day. As for the smell itself, lotus always smells a bit like rose to me so I find it similar to any number of cloying rose-ish floral scents. And yet another of those BPAL mish-mash perfumes that just seems like a bunch of things randomly thrown together. Eugh. Longevity and sillage are pretty high - this one screams that it's coming in the room.

Rating:
1/5

Day 111!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, this sounds nasty! And lotus is a floral that I might hate even more than rose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend that raved about this perfume from BPAL over and over! I could not stand close to her when she wore it. It gave me a headache just smelling it. I does scream that is is coming into the room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Oh man. I actually love old lady perfumes too, though this one sounds terrifying! Eep!

    ReplyDelete