Friday, March 1, 2013

You Bring The Whiskey - Poison Apple Apothecary


Details: 
You Bring The Whiskey
Agnes Scott Collection / Fall Seasonal Rotation
Poison Apple Apothecary

Notes:
Based on our beloved tune, this boozy scent is heavy on the sweet southern whiskey and has lighter notes of Madagascar vanilla.

This is simply a rich, boozy vanilla liquor. It doesn't change much from first sniff to dry down, except that the dry down is slightly less boozy and slightly more vanilla-y. If you like vanilla, you'll probably love it - it's a grown up version, akin to something like Wiggle Perfume's Speakeasy Vanilla. I bought a full bottle unsniffed when it was on sale and I'm glad I did, because I love it. Sillage is medium - and if you ladled too much on it would probably be pretty high. It lasts a long time - I've had it on for about 6 hours now and I can still smell it when I move my wrists around. Gorgeous.

Rating: 
4/5

Day 59!


7 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds so good! Vanilla is such a winner for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - I have way too many vanilla perfumes because I love them so much!

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome! I do love vanillas, especially if boozy or smoky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have this sample. I have not had good luck with the Poison Apple Apothecary and the scents I have gotten there, but from this description...I am going to go get it! It's sounds so yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after your experience with Almond Milk, one of my other favourite vanillas, don't take my word for it, haha! It's quite different though - a much more grown up vanilla, though not on a par with Solstice Scents Cenobite (then again, is anything?).

      Delete
  4. I love boozy vanilla scents! This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete