Saturday, March 23, 2013

Euphrosyne - Deep Midnight Perfumes


Details: 
Euphrosyne
Fantasy, Legends, Lore
Deep Midnight Perfumes

Notes: 
The Three Graces, or Three Charities, of Greek mythology were Charis, also known as Aglaia, Euphrosyne, and Thalia. They were the goddesses of joy, pleasure, grace, beauty, festivity, adornment, dance, and song. Daughters of Zeus and the sea-nymph Eurynome, they were also the attendants, or handmaidens, of Aphrodite and Hera and protectors of vegetation. Euphrosyne, (yoo-FROS-uh-nee), comes from the Greek and Latin, meaning “mirth,” “merriment.” Her scent is a myriad blend of tropical fruits, fresh pears, red berries, cream, figs, Sicilian orange, pummelo, caramel, lily of the valley, and a barely hidden note of red licorice. 

In Greek mythology, Euphrosyne didn't do much except dance around with her sisters having a good time. She was kind of frivolous and a teensy bit pointless - an early Kardashian, I guess.  This perfume is also kind of frivolous. In the vial I can smell fig, orange and a faint alcohol scent I attribute to pear. I thought I caught some marzipan too, but I think maybe there's a dab of cherry in there - I often confuse those two in the first seconds of smelling them. Once applied it's a bit of a messy fruity blend, with a strong note of berries. It's very strong and the sillage is high. The caramel comes out in the dry down, but it's that kind of caramel note that borders on smelling like vomit. If someone took a younger Kardashian into a lab and said, "Blend together the things you like the smell of and make a perfume", this is exactly what I would expect them to come up with. It smells like a cheap, trashy celebrity perfume. Gross.

Rating:
1/5

Day 82!

6 comments:

  1. Lol I'm sure kardashians will use your words for marketing! This doesn't sound good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! This sounds like a mess! Your review cracked me up though! Ah, the Kardashians and their pointlessness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I am admitting with my head down, I like this one. On me it's creamy and feminine with light citrus notes...But in my defense I don't normally go for "girly" scents like this. But for some reason I ended up liking this I think more for the many compliments I got on it at work. And no, I do not work for the Kardashians. hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's cool. I love a lot of perfumes that other people hate too. Hold your head up!

      Delete